Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Me

My name is Michael Andrew Anable and I am majoring in Industrial Design and Photojournalism at San Francisco State University. My main interests involve digital media, motion graphics and photography. I love imagery of all kinds, still or moving. I especially relate to imagery that can target emotion. I am a surfer. In that I don't really mean I just surf but that surfing has consumed my life entirely. All my life plans are targeted near large bodies of water as I cannot live without the sound and feel of our oceans' energy.

I am inspired by courage, fearlessness and a willingness for progress. I love designs that change the order of things. Designs that can restructure the way humans interact and behave amongst each-other and the world they identify with. My favorite qoutes are both by Aldous Huxley and they symbolize the importance of living life by the fullest every second we breathe.

"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities" -Aldous Huxley

"Men do not learn very much from the lessons of history, and that is the most important of all the lessons of history" -Aldous Huxley

Scott Aichner has been the most inspirational artist in my life. He is a photographer that changed the way surf photography was looked at by changing the way we see surfing. He is the most fearless pioneer in the game amongst so many other attributes.

My life vision is to live in a tropical climate on the Indian Ocean living my life to the absolute fullest while taking as little from the planet as I possibly can.

Words that could describe me might include;
Adventurous, funny, loud, fast, courageous and foolish.

6 comments:

  1. Knowing where to be is a big step in people's life. Even though there are plenty of shorelines to discover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your quotes, especially the first one. And love your photography man, lol but you know that already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photography. It seems like you have a lot of passion for what you do and it reflects in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice sunset photography! I like shot too, but its hart to get a nice one like yours. Hope'll see more your master pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your surfboard idea because thats got to be such a hassle dragging a long board on a plane and who wants to rent one when you already have a good board. Plus there needs to be better boards for the environment. Like foam boards were great cause there light weight but terrible for the environment so if it breaks your already polluting the ocean.

    ReplyDelete